The current news of the department
- William W-G. Yeh, distinguished professor of civil and environmental engineering at the UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science, has been named the inaugural holder of the Richard G. Newman AECOM Endowed Chair in Civil Engineering.
- nees@UCLA tests LAX theme building
- nees@UCLA recently assisted in the voluntary seismic retrofit project for the iconic Theme Building at Los Angeles International Airport.
- Professors Stewart and Brandenberg lead Baja California earthquake reconnaissance team.
- Sierra El Mayor earthquake occurred April 4th, 2010. Teams deployed April 5th - 18th. Report to be published in coming months. Effort supported by GEER (www.geerassociation.org).
- Professor Brandenberg wins Casagrande Award
- NSF GK-12 Program partners graduate students with LA urban schools
- A National Science Foundation program directed by Professor Hogue, Science and Engineering of the Environment of Los Angeles (SEE-LA), places UCLA graduate students in Los Angeles and Culver City School District science classrooms.