News and Research Highlights
- Inaugural Disguished Alumni in Civil Engineering
- Dr. Robert E. Englekirk (M.S. 1965, Ph.D., 1970) and Dr. Soroosh Sorooshian (M.S. 1973, Eng. 1977, Ph.D., 1978) selected as the first recipients of the CEE Distinguished Alumnus Award
- UCLA CEE Team Travels to Atacama Desert, Chile for Seismic Hazard Experiment
- Professor Robert Kayen led a team of UCLA researchers to measure shear wave velocity profiles at strong motion recording stations in Chile.
- ITE Student Chapter places 2nd at Student Presentation Night
- Civil Engineering students Monica Shei, Tiffany Huang, and Paul Lee, placed second at the Annual Institute of Transportation Engineers, or ITE, Presentation Night representing the UCLA Student Chapter of ITE.
- UCLA CalGeo Student Chapter Wins Rising Star Award – Best Student Chapter
- The UCLA Cal Geo Student Chapter was awarded the Rising Star Award by the California Geotechnical Engineers Association during its annual meeting in Yosemite National Park held May 2nd through 4th.
- UCLA wins EERI Annual Seismic Design Competition
- The UCLA team repeated as winners of the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute Seismic Design Competition. From left to right, Benjamin Wong, Norman Chak, Seema Barua, Marshall Lew (UCLA alumnus, AMEC), Jane Zhu, Jennifer Huynh, Maxwell Armenta (back), Andy Luu, Emily Yagi
Also in this section
- Industrial Affiliates Program
- The Industrial Affiliates Program facilitates the forging of partnerships with industry to benefit our students and professional colleagues. We seek synergy between our educational and research goals and sponsor objectives of talent recruitment, corporate on-campus visibility, and knowledge transfer. We welcome participation under the Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum packages.