Step 1: Supervising Faculty emails with following information
- Information to include:
- Volunteer name
- Volunteer contact information (email)
- Volunteer duration of assignment and hours per week
- Description of services to be rendered (1-2 sentences)
- Location of volunteer during assignment (room number)
Step 2: Volunteer Completes Application (FORM)
- Volunteer completes application by typing in requested information, printing, signing, obtaining parent/guardian signature if needed, scanning, and emailing to .
Step 3: Volunteer Completes Additional Forms
- After receiving the completed Volunteer Application form, Civil and Environmental Engineering staff will email the volunteer with additional forms to complete including:
- Minors under the age of eighteen (18) need the permission of their legal guardians to volunteer and must complete the liability waiver and supporting documents
Step 4: Volunteer Completes Lab Safety Training Online
- After creating a UCLA Logon ID, the Volunteer will access UCLA Worksafe. Select “Course Catalog” and search for “LAB-LSFC-OL” or “Laboratory Safety Fundamentals”. Launch the course, complete, and forward the certificate verifying completion to .
Step 5: Beginning Assignment at UCLA
- Volunteer will email to set-up a meeting on their first day of work.
- Volunteer will receive keys to workspace location during meeting.
- Volunteer will sign the UC Patent Acknowledgement.
Step 6: Ending Assignment at UCLA
- Volunteer will email to set-up a meeting on their last day of work.
- Volunteer will return keys during meeting.