Please start the volunteer process at least two weeks prior to the start of the volunteer appointment. Delay in starting the process may cause additional delays in assigning space and keys.
Step 1: Supervising Faculty emails firstname.lastname@example.org with following information
- Information to include:
- Volunteer name
- Volunteer contact information (email)
- Volunteer duration of assignment and hours per week
- Description of services to be rendered (1-2 sentences)
- Location of volunteer during assignment (room number)
Step 2: Volunteer Completes Application (FORM)
- Volunteer completes application by typing in requested information, printing, signing, obtaining parent/guardian signature if needed, scanning, and emailing to email@example.com.
Step 3: Volunteer Completes Additional Forms
- After receiving the completed Volunteer Application form, Civil and Environmental Engineering staff will email the volunteer with additional forms to complete including:
- Minors under the age of eighteen (18) need the permission of their legal guardians to volunteer and must complete the liability waiver and supporting documents
Step 4: Volunteer Completes Lab Safety Training Online
- After creating a UCLA Logon ID, the Volunteer will access UCLA Worksafe. Select “Course Catalog” and search for “LAB-LSFC-OL” or “Laboratory Safety Fundamentals”. Launch the course, complete, and forward the certificate verifying completion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 5: Beginning Assignment at UCLA
- Volunteer will email email@example.com to set-up a meeting on their first day of work.
- Volunteer will receive keys to workspace location during meeting.
- Volunteer will sign the UC Patent Acknowledgement.
Step 6: Ending Assignment at UCLA
- Volunteer will email firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a meeting on their last day of work.
- Volunteer will return keys during meeting.